Bringing Physical Therapy & Wellness to You!
Occupational Therapy empowers people to lead independent, healthy and productive lives. Occupational Therapists (OTs) work with individuals across their lifespan to help them perform daily living activities that have been lost or changed due to disabling physical or mental conditions, injuries or other traumatic life events.
Occupational Therapists use a holistic approach to work with individuals in a variety of settings. They enhance people’s lives by using an individualized perspective on the person, environment and condition; recommending adaptations or compensatory techniques that may improve the underlying condition. OT’s can improve the individual’s participation in valued activities.
Occupational Therapy provides:
- A comprehensive evaluation, that enables an OT to work with the client and family/care team to determine and carry out individualized goals
- A customized evidenced-based intervention plan
- Adaptation to home environment for safety and ease of use
- Adaptation to activity for increased engagement
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment for self-cares and/or other activities of daily living
- Assistance for establishment of habit/routine for self-cares/healthy lifestyle habits
- Education on self-management techniques for positive communication, coping skills and time management
- Recommendations for improved cognitive skills
- Education to family, caregivers and clients on variety of health conditions and wellness topics
If you or a family member are having trouble with everyday activities due to a physical or mental condition, we can help you! We travel to you or the location of your choice!
Most of us have had experience with headaches. In a survey conducted in 2015, 20.0% of women and 9.7% of men aged 18 years and above reported having a severe headache or migraine in the past 3 months.1 According to the Migraine Research Foundation, around 39 million men and women in the U.…view full article
Sign-up For Our E-Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with our therapy newsletter!