As many knows, February is known for Valentine’s day, so how fitting for it to be American Heart Health Month as well. There are many ways to contribute to supporting those in need during February and throughout the year!
Heart disease isn’t just one thing; it has a variety of conditions that affect the heart. It can include blood vessels being clogged, genetic disorders, irregular heart rhythms and a wide range of medical concerns.
Here are some ways to help support Heart Health Month:
- Wear red during February to help create awareness for heart disease. Make sure to snap some pictures in your red gear and share on social media!
- Follow the Heart Foundation on social media to stay up to date on different fundraisers and events.
- Do some research on how to prevent heart disease. Consider exercising, eating healthy, reducing your stress, or limiting alcohol.
- Donate to the Heart Foundation so that they can continue research on a cure for this disease.
- Deliver healthy gifts to current/future patients.
- Visit patients in the hospital that are dealing with this disease. Give them flowers, cards, teddy bears, and/or healthy foods. A visit with a gift is such a selfless act that could bring so much joy to someone’s life.
- Create your own fundraiser or establish a charity to help cover medical expenses for those in need.
Helping the community in this way not only improves the health and quality of life of the individuals you touch but also supports the American Heart Health Month. Let’s make Heart Health Month 2018 the best year yet!
Eat Well and Stay Healthy!
Melissa Weisenberger, B.S.
Live Your LifeTM
Bringing Physical Therapy & Wellness to You!
Melissa Weisenberger graduated from St. Cloud State University (SCSU) with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management and minors in Human Resources, Marketing & Psychology. She is passionate about the Physical Therapy world and strives to help individuals get back to the living they deserve & doing the things they love. In her personal life, Melissa loves to be outdoors, fishing, going on road trips and staying active.